Taiwan’s International Orchid Show (IOS) kicks off this month in Southern Taiwan, Tainan. It is an annual event to promote tourism industry.
Scheduled on March 9~18, 2013 at Taiwan Orchid Plantation (T.O.P.). Event held in small town located in the northern region of Tainan County, HouBi District (後壁區), approximately 40km from the Tainan City.
According to source, “Taiwan International Orchid Show 2012 attracted some 260,000 visitors which included nearly 3,000 foreign floral exports and buyers from abroad.”
My visit last year turned out to be a very impressive one. It is definitely worth the visit.
Orchids are a long-lasting and particularly elegant type of flower.
Their graceful appearance draws immediate attention, and their reputation as an exotic and unusual flower evokes a sense of refinement and innocence.
Here are some photos taken in my last post 2012: International Orchid Show in Taiwan, Tainan, HouBi District
Sharing the significance meaning of Orchids:-
- The orchid is a flower of magnificence.
- It brings a universal message of love, beauty, wisdom, thoughtfulness, luxury & strength.
- In China, it signifies refinement, and innocence.
- A pink orchid conveys pure affection.
- The Cattalya orchid denotes mature charm, and is often used in corsages for Mother’s Day.
- Generally, orchid flower is also as symbolic of rare and delicate beauty.
- The orchid is a symbol of luxury, with a sense of magnificence and artful splendor.
- There represents rare and delicate beauty.
There is rosemary, that’s for remembrance:
and there is pansies, that’s for thoughts.
– William Shakespeare
More source info can be found here.